The Gift of L.I.G.H.T

 December is the month of giving. As teachers, this is nothing new for us. We give all day, every day. This month in particular, we have even more people on our list to give to. Question is, do we put ourselves on that list? 

I decided this month I want to share a gift with all my fellow educators out there; the gift of L.I.G.H.T. Each week I will reveal what each letter stands for, and I hope it brings you joy! 

This week I will reveal the first letter- L, The first gift is L- love. As teachers we love our students as if they are our own children. We love working with families and the communities we serve. We love the work we do, and put in countless hours trying to make our classrooms warm, inviting, and engaging places our students want to run in to, not run away from. We love our work so much, we forget to take the time to love ourselves. I want teachers everywhere this week to take a some time (whether it's an hour, a day, or even just a few minutes) to love themselves. Sometimes this is through exercise, watching a favorite show, or reading. However, I don't appreciate when others suggest how I spend my time so, even if you only have a moment to glance in the mirror and smile at yourself, show yourself love. The more love you have for yourself, the more you'll have to share with your students and other teachers. Let love energize you this week and be your gift. 

Final Thoughts: Keep remembering focusing on yourself is not selfish. Keep finding new ways to love (both yourself and others.) Keep a part of your love for you; you will have more to share with others. Keep sharing these gifts with other colleagues you know, so they can unwrap these gifts right along side you!

Whatever inspires you, unwrap it this week for yourself, and fill your cup with love... you've earned it teacher friends! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Leadership: A New Opportunity

Through the Telescope

Final Countdown 2...