Preparing for Communication

Today I finally took another step to prepare and advance communication with families. I've presented on this topic, viewed the work of others, listened to other educators' suggestions, and reviewed all the information and ideas I gathered. 

I created an initial parent survey to distribute next week. I created this in Google Forms, assuming all my families will have access to technology this year. I am prepared however, that I might have families that do not have this access, or have other preferences. I have plenty of envelopes and stamps readily at had to meet the diverse needs of new families this year- whatever it takes! 

Taken from my newly acquired knowledge and recent presentation, I compiled a simple list with my top questions to select for a survey. Please note that just like each one of us, each family is unique, diverse, and has varying needs. 

- How would you like to be addressed? 

- Tell me something unique about your family.

- Do you consider your child a struggling reader? 

- How often does your child read? (provide examples i.e.- everyday, twice a week, etc.) 

- What is a concern for you this year? 

Please feel free to share your thoughts! I think this particular blog has great potential for extended conversations! 

Final Thoughts: Keep creating ideas, keep generating questions, keep permitting your families to share. It's how we establish trust, infuse interest and excitement, and provide support. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Leadership: A New Opportunity

Through the Telescope

Final Countdown 2...