So to Teach...

Last week the leadership team of Delta Rho and I welcomed our newest members into our chapter of KDP.  I am very proud of the hard word and dedication the team put into this dinner/ceremony. This is the first in-person ceremony we've had since 2019, but just like riding a bike, we got into the groove and off we went! 

We were able to celebrate our newest initiates, alumni members, honor an amazing educator who leads the Tomorrow's Teachers program at his high school, hear words of wisdom and inspiration from one of my fellow County Teachers, recognize a special para-educator for all her hard work, reflect on our grow as a chapter for this past year, and officiate our new leadership team. 

What I enjoy most about our ceremony is sharing the history of the organization with our newest members, and reflecting on the ideas and purposes for which it was founded on. I've often quoted these in my own speeches and writings (giving credit of course!) because they have profound meaning to me... "So to teach, So to serve, So to live." To me, this is the true essence of what teaching is about. Educators go above and beyond for their students, schools, and the community. We dedicate our time, energy, and expertise to making a difference and putting the needs of others before our own. Teachers choose to answer the calling to a tough but rewarding profession, and leave a lasting impact on so many lives. 

Membership in KDP is far more than just an organization. It's a home for preservice and practicing educators alike to come together and provide support, resources, network, and more. I attribute much of who I am as an educator to my membership in KDP, and I am grateful to all the organization has given me. I've learned because of the founding principals it was founded on to try my best everyday, and I found my "why" in teaching. If you're looking for an education group to belong to and feel truly welcomed, I highly recommend joining us at both the chapter and national level. You will learn a lot, grow, and embark on a journey you didn't think was possible! 

For more information visit the KDP website: kdp.org and as always, reach out with any questions, and see my social media @MsMalinowsky for more!

Final Thoughts: Keep celebrating your hard work and the work of other educators. Keep working to teach, serve, and live for what you believe in for your work as an educator. Keep your "why" in mind, and close to you in all you do. Keep your teaching heart surrounded by those who support you in your network. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Leadership: A New Opportunity

Through the Telescope

Final Countdown 2...