Organizing Chaos

When I approach the writing of my blog, I always ask myself, "what can I share with my audience today?" I'm always eager to share new information, show my excitement through my writing, and challenge readers to think outside the box with their own teaching. 

Truthfully today, I need to share my thoughts for me. While I hope that my words reach the eyes of all those who need to see them, today, I aim to provide myself support in a safe space to help me re-energize myself. 

With the uncertain and complex opening of school quickly approaching, I have been attempting to prepare for next week. It's left me tired, less focused, and feeling overwhelmed at times. I look back at what I didn't do today, become more frustrated, and so the vicious cycle continues it's vacuous swirl, drying out my spirit, and my mind. I took a few minutes today to clear my mind and review my thoughts. I realized that there are two key components in assisting yourself with times like this. It's advice that I've both given, and received often...

1. You are enough! Even if you're overwhelmed, tired, and didn't get everything done on your list... you SHOWED UP! You're doing well! 

2. Use a checklist- you'll feel better when you check off even just a few things. 

3. There's always tomorrow. I have to constantly remind myself of this! There will always be time tomorrow to pick up right where you left off! 

I think we all have moments when we realize we need to take our own advice more than anyone else, and that's exactly what I intend to do today. Time is better spent when we are reluctant to expel our energy on the worry of what we aren't doing, instead of celebrating what we are. 

Final thoughts: Keep taking your own advice; we have to walk the walk too, keep allowing yourself time to plan- it helps with the rest, keep pausing for small moments, you've not only earned them, but you need them to raise your energy. We got this!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Leadership: A New Opportunity

Through the Telescope

Final Countdown 2...