Preparing and Pausing to Present

I hope my short blog today consoles all my fellow educators out there (including myself,) to keep pushing through writer's block, presentation pause, and imagination eraser. 
Truthfully, the past few days of working have been stagnant on all fronts; presentations, my virtual classroom, creating newsletters, blogs, and working on my new article. I know I'm not alone, and I know this is natural (been through it many times before) however I worry when the creativity will spark again and my projects can get moving. 

Then I wonder, why does this happen to begin with? Is it our energy runs low, our minds direct us to attention elsewhere, our subconscious demands a break and leaves? For all of those who read this and nod their head, you get it! I feel personally for me, what makes matters worse is my perfectionism gets the better of me. I start to get flustered, restless, and aggravated with myself. 

Some experts say to listen to music, take a break, exercise, and eventually the ideas will arrive back. As the clock ticks I patiently await this arrival, but I still feel... stuck. 

Perhaps it's our own inability to forgive ourselves for weaknesses that delays the process of lifting the shield on our ideas flowing through. I'm thinking that, just like here, I could try to allow my fingers to do the thinking on the keyboard and see where the woven intricacy of letters, numbers, and symbols take me. 

For now, I vote we all savor this moment of forgiveness, leave this great space of communication, information, and thought, and attempt to put typing to good use... eventually the ideas will come out of hiding and willingly leap onto the screen again. Let's move quietly to our work and see where freelancing leads....

Final thoughts- keep persevering through blank spots, take breaks and find the company in someone else's similar experience, forgive yourself, and as always... keep learning, writing, and motivating. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Leadership: A New Opportunity

Through the Telescope

Final Countdown 2...